Invitation to the first B2B VeggieWorld in Shanghai!
From 17.-19.05.2019 the first VeggieWorld took place in China. Together with exhibitors and visitors we had the pleasure of a more than successful premiere. With almost 50 brands from 7 countries the first edition was of course still rather small. The rush of visitors from consumers, but above all from trade visitors, was impressive. The exhibitors were satisfied, the visitors were eating and shopping and the press reported about it.
HOW TO CONTINUE IN 2020 ?
First of all important: Yes, we will continue. The next VeggieWorld in China will take place from 15-17 May 2020 in Shanghai. In the Shanghai Exhibition Center in the heart of old Shanghai we are occupying the East Hall. Together with our Chinese partner Fair Connections we are now planning the first VeggieWorld with a clear focus on B2B communication. Of course, consumers whose direct feedback is highly appreciated by the exhibitors, are also admitted. But we are developing VeggieWorld in Shanghai into the No. 1 business platform for plant products in China – soon the largest market in the world.
The first VeggieWorld in May 2019 in Hangzhou showed a lot:
- International and currently especially US-companies have a great interest in the Chinese market – with Beyond Meat, Silk and JUST three of the leading US companies were present as exhibitors. From Europe we could count Bianco di Puro, Vitam, Veganz, Vegan Travel and La Lunette among the exhibitors.
- The interest of the population is huge. Together with a health and fitness fair held at the same time, we were able to welcome almost 20,000 people to the hall.
- VeggieWorld was a magnet for trade visitors. Over 800 trade visitors – mostly from Shanghai – set off on the two-hour trip to Hangzhou.
As a result, we are relocating to Shanghai and will be following the schedule of China’s largest food fair, SIAL China. SIAL 2020 will end on the first day of VeggieWorld 2020 and the 120,000 visitors announced at SIAL reach VeggieWorld in a 20-minute taxi ride.
The planning is already in full swing, numerous exhibitors confirmed their particitpation already during VeggieWorld Hangzhou and based on the experience of the premiere we can only warmly and wholeheartedly recommend participation to any company.
HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE ?
All non-Asian companies can register online using the general registration form on this page. You will then deal exclusively with the headquarters in Germany and will receive any support in the preparation and of course on site.
We offer fully equipped stands in different sizes:
- 4 sqm including walls, carpet, power supply 1,5KW, 1 counter, 2 spotlights || 800,00 EUR plus VAT
- 6 sqm including walls, carpet, power supply 1,5KW, 1 counter, 4 spotlights || 1,150,00 EUR plus VAT.
- 8 sqm including walls, carpet, power supply 1,5KW, 2 counters, 6 spotlights || 1500,00 EUR plus VAT.
TRANSPORT AND PRODUCT SALES
The most frequently asked questions are about the transport and sale of goods. Therefore here are the most important facts:
- You are not allowed to sell your products at VeggieWorld if you do not have a Chinese importer or trading partner.
- If a relevant quantity of products to be transported comes together, we will organize a collective transport together with DHL.
- You may offer the products for tasting and sampling on site.
- When shipped to China, sample quantities are often below the value limit for costly customs procedures. Please contact us – it may be easier than you think.
- Yes, we recommend Chinese promotional materials. English is of course widely used in the B2B sector. Nevertheless, potential partners enjoy Chinese content.
- Yes, we recommend Chinese stand personnel or local translation assistance. Of course, we are happy to help you with recruitment at fair prices.